September 17, 2026

Crowding an Ordinary Day

Blog Post 9599.


Here we see today’s evening sky. It was turning pink, but was not a spectacular sunset because the only clouds were low near the horizon. I looked around for something to make it interesting, and noticed the shiny decoration hanging from the porch rail. Since the rail was basically in the way, I couldn’t really frame the shot properly so I just held the phone down between the rail and the decoration. Later I straightened the photo a little and cropped it. 

Today was a tiring day because I had an appointment in Harrisonburg. That is not so far that the drive is exhausting, but I usually crowd other things into the trip to take advantage of being in a larger town and not having Charlie with me. (I left him in day boarding, and did not need to pick him up until 5 PM.) I went to two grocery stores, because I can never find everything I need at one store. Even so, I couldn’t check everything off my shopping list because some items are out of stock, as usual. I also had lunch, bought gas because it’s cheaper there and went looking for a mural. I found the building, but there was no place to park and I realized that I was running short of time so I didn’t get that picture.

There was a sudden rain storm while I was at physical therapy. It was still raining lightly when I got back in my car. 


2 comments:

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.