September 18, 2026

Blog Post #9600

Old Self Portrait
 

I was going to post something else when I remembered that my blog has reached 9600 posts, so I should celebrate that. It’s an old blog now, and I’m an old person, and this is an old photo! 

I was taking a photography class when I set up this shot. I used a timer because we didn’t have a selfie feature in cameras back then. We didn’t have digital photography either. This was taken on film with a 35 mm camera. I used window light.

I decided to resurrect this old picture because I needed a profile picture for Facebook. I had been using a cartoon-type picture, and Lynn complained that it was ugly, which it was, and it wasn’t amusing me anymore. I found this shot, but I wanted it to look antique to suggest that it’s not a current photo. After all, it’s from the last century!

So I tried to make it look sepia-toned but it came out too dark. I used AI to add a Victorian frame. Then I brought it back into the Photos app and lightened it. I also made another version that’s even lighter, but I prefer the richness of this one, so I’m using it for now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.