Vultures are not glamorous birds, but they glide gracefully, sailing on air currents high in the air.
Tiny hummingbirds are admired for their beauty, but their wings beat so fast that I’m lucky when they don’t look completely blurry in a photo.
That shot was taken by a motion-activated camera mounted in a birdfeeder. The model I have was designed for birdseed, but I set it up for hummingbirds in the summer.
I have a hanging feeder for them too. Recently they’ve been visiting many times a day, gathering energy for a long migration southward.
I took this picture yesterday while relaxing on the deck.
Another visitor to the deck was this butterfly. The “Siri Knowledge” app says this is a hackberry emperor.







No comments:
Post a Comment
The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.
Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!
Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.