August 18, 2024

A Nice Weekend Ends

Our weekend ended with some much-needed rain. Once again, we did not get as much as many areas in the Shenandoah Valley. I saw pictures of flooding in Berryville, but the storm here only lasted about 10 minutes.

It was enough to cut short or afternoon walk. I had taken Charlie to a park in town when I heard thunder, so we headed back to the car. This photo shows the dark sky from the LDS church.


My daughter Marie left this morning after a brief visit. Yesterday‘s post was about her visit from Charlie’s point of view. 


He watched her leave and I know he’ll miss her. She took him on extra walks. It is always a delight to have her visit.


6 comments:

  1. Don’t fret, Charlie. She’ll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I hope that you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you'll miss her as well as Charlie. Too bad about thunderstorm threat that shortened your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I hope Marie comes back soon! Cute photos.
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She'll be back, Charlie. Hope you're having a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even from behind you can see that Charlie is a little bit sad to see her go!
    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.