May 24, 2024

Watching South Street

Front Royal, VA


Yesterday I went through the drive-through lane at Spelunkers, a burger and ice cream place. It isn’t exactly fast food because they cook your food to order, so you have to wait for it. I ordered a lettuce-wrap burger (no bun), and as I waited in my car, I took a couple of pictures. 

I think this child was also waiting, while her family was nearby at a table. I also spied a couple of hikers who appeared to have come into town for supplies. The Appalachian Trail is only a few miles away and hikers come through all summer. Some of them are “through hikers,” on their way from Georgia to Maine. I respect the stamina and perseverance of the people who complete that hike. It’s almost 2,200 miles (3540 kilometers) long in mountainous terrain.


13 comments:

  1. Love all the shadows in your black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the top photo is very meditative

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...sadly, the Appalachian Trail is off limits to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will never do the Appalachian Trail, but we’re I younger I might give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. were I younger, not we’re I younger. I really wish I could turn off spellcheck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first picture is priceless. So many thoughts go through my mind as I see that picture. I too wish I was younger and could do the trail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two very nice images. I like the black and white one with the little girl framed by the trees. Hiking appeals to me, the spirit is willing says I with a wry smile. Wishing you a happy weekend Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been there and done that. Not the whole length of the AT, but portions here and there. Those two look much too fresh to have been on the trail for long. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with previous comments, these young people must have only been hiking a short while. Not bedraggled enough for a month outdoors! Love the thought of a lettuce wrap on a burger.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the 1st pic. Amazing hikers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I especially like the black and white photograph :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Count me among those who would love to do at least part of that trail but know I couldn't. I love how you take advantage of your wait time to see and share these gems! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.