May 23, 2024

Stormy Sky

Shenandoah National Park


Since I was in Front Royal today, I decided to eat a picnic lunch along Skyline Drive. I was surprised when my weather app announced that a storm was coming, but I like seeing storms from up there. Sure enough, a storm front showed up over the Shenandoah Valley.

I turned the phone to get a vertical shot and look! A bird flew into the frame!

Skywatch / H2O



I did run into some rain when I got off the mountain, but only for a few minutes. I understand that Strasburg had a severe hailstorm. 

12 comments:

  1. Good to enjoy the rain rather than bemoan it.,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sky captures, the rain is welcome here.
    Take care, have a great day and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos of the rain shower at a distance. And beautiful views from that ridge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! I love seeing rain on the horizon like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Storm clouds like that can be both scary and exhilarating. You were in the right place at the right time. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see the pouring rain there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what I miss about living where there are mountains is seeing such weather fronts move through. Beautiful capture.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.