May 26, 2024

Serenity and Sameness

There was a small art show today in Lost River, so after taking Charlie to the dog park, I drove across the mountain. The show was in a yoga studio, and I spotted this statue on the porch.


Although I took yoga classes when I was younger, I was never been able to do the lotus position. 
 
A funny thing about this position is that it keeps coming up in my AI experiments. It seems that whenever my prompt alludes to serenity or spirituality, the database comes up with this same yoga pose. Computer-generated imaging tends toward triteness, which I suppose is to be expected when so much of what it found on the Internet is repetitive.

On the way home this afternoon, I missed a turn to the spot where I was planning to walk Charlie, so he was getting restless by the time I got to the top of the mountain. I pulled into the parking area at Wolf Gap and we walked around. The forest is very green.

Sharing with Mosaics and Sunday Snapshot

10 comments:

  1. Buddha statue is very soothing for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit I have never done yoga and I certainly probably wouldn't be able to create those positions now. Looks like a lovely place you took Charlie for a walk. Enjoy your week. I am joining you at Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Memorial Day! Love the forest and all the greenery, Charlie is a cutie. Take care, enjoy your day and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never done yoga, but I have no doubt as to its benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is no way I could ever do that pose. If I try, you'll probably hear me yell "cramp!" From there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many years ago, and quite a few pounds less of my body, I could do the lotus position. My love of yoga is that I can move much better afterwards...just walking seems a bit more fluid. I meditate in a more comfortable position these days. And of course Savasana (the corpse pose) is always a very peaceful ending of at home yoga. I do chair yoga at the Senior Center now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yoga, hmmmmm. I think I'm stuck just thinking about yoga :)
    Thank you for sharing at Gma’sPhoto My Snapshot Sunday Party. I look forward to ‘seeing’ you next week!
    Take care and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If only I could use AI to actually do that pose myself!
    (Same with most of the other poses some of which I even used to be able to do but now can't). The only one I can do well these days is the corpse pose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yoga is a good way indeed. I agree with you!

    Another round of MosaicMonday in May... and I'm looking forward to your contribution again. More pictures this week that tell the story of your surroundings, of nature, of your everyday life. Pictures that also tell a bit of history, it`s important.

    Thank you for your participation. Have a good time, best wishes from Heidrun

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.