February 24, 2022

Snapping Signs and Such

Blog Post #7845

A side-effect of blogging for over 16 years is that I find myself watching for subjects that fit one of my favorite topics. Often I watch for items that will fit into a favorite blog hop, such as Tom's weekly Signs linkup. My regular places for amusing signs include gift shops, thrift stores, and a certain veterinary office. Usually I just take these snapshots with my phone because it is in my purse or pocket.

 As I write this, part of your attention may be on the precarious situation in Ukraine, where Russia has basically started a war. I don't intend to make light of this disaster, but if I can do anything positive. it is probably to keep linkages active and perhaps lighten someone's day. I appreciate you, my readers, and if you are in an uneasy situation right now, I hope you will come through it and find the peace you deserve.




Another great blog hop is Alan's Skywatch. It is very popular and you can see that many people love photos of sunsets.

13 comments:

  1. In a sure sign that the world is upside down Putin is going to war with the express support of a former President and Fox News.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I'm with you Linda, I search out certain subjects too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sunset, and I love the peacock/feather duster sign. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing a bit of joy this morning. It always helps, no matter what's going on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look for categories also. I treasure the peaceful photoblogs such as yours in our peaceful corner of the internet. I try and keep politics out of my site but the invasion of the Ukraine is beyond politics unless you happen to be a former orange haired president and his idiot sidekick the former Secretary of State.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Relax and accept the crazy is good advice. I always have my eyes open for a good skywatch shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gostei, foto muito bonita do por do sol.
    O mundo está de ponta cabeça, e vai piorar muito ainda, tem muita gente ruim.
    bj

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings and Salutations! Sunset photograph is a wowzer. Enjoyed the signs.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.