February 23, 2022

The Hawk that Got Away

Two days ago I was in the living room and heard a sound outside. I looked out and saw a huge hawk sitting on the deck railing. "Red tailed hawk!" I gasped, although I am not an expert on hawks. I tried to pick up my camera rather cautiously, but apparently he saw me move and took off with a mighty flapping of his wings. 

Disappointed that I had missed a chance for a hawk portrait, I had to be contented with getting a few pictures of ordinary birds. This one is a Carolina wren. 

Wild Bird Wednesday

Well, today was unseasonably warm so I sat on the back deck for a little while, eating lunch and soaking up sunshine. And look who landed in a tree! 

9 comments:

  1. ...whenever I see a hawk and get my camera ready the hawk flies away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great capture of the Hawk, I love the cute wren.
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A while ago we had a rat in our backyard, no doubt attracted by seed spilled from the bird feeders, and we were hoping that a Red-tailed Hawk would come by, but no such luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your hawk came back and that you were able to get a photo! They never make it easy to take their picture. Love the cute little wren photo as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful capture of the hawk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, he must have wanted a sandwich too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the wren and a wonderful capture of the hawk.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful captures, especially of the hawk! Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.