November 6, 2020

Trying to Focus on Bright Things.

Well, it's been a tiring week. Ballots are still being counted from Tuesday's election and voters are stressed from uncertainty and unpleasant threats coming from people who should know better.

I'm trying to stay positive. After all, there is work to be done. We need to work for justice and try to undo some of the damage that humans have done to the environment. 

I appreciate our natural world and I know most other photo bloggers do too.

For today's black and white photo, I chose one from September. I showed up at the end of a Civil War living history event, having felt trepidation at being in any large group during a pandemic. Most folks had left but I got a few pictures and enjoyed strolling on the Third Winchester Battlefield for a few minutes. 


Weekend Reflections: Low Gap in Shenandoah National Park is a lovely spot to see tall trees. Here they are reflected on my windshield. 

I also turned my camera downward to show some of the leaves that had fallen on the ground. 
 
Skywatch: This is the post office in The Plains, Virginia. 


14 comments:

  1. Everybody in Finland follows closely to your presidential elections as well. Counting the votes takes so much time... Beautiful shots, wishing you a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I love your flower mosaic, very pretty! After living through many elections, I do not remember people running around with guns threatening the workers and polling places. We have all survived having both republican and democratic presidents before, why is this election so different. Take care and stay safe. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Linda, stay focused, things are looking brighter. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for these calming photos, though one reminds me of how our country once was so divided we went to war with each other. I pray that never happens again! Love your post offices. I think I want to go capture some of the ones around here myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An interesting set of photos. I particularly like the one of the trees reflected on your car. We're thinking of you all at this time. Take care. Greetings from another Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos! I sure hope we get a final result soon - sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos! I love the one of the trees reflected on your windshield. Think of you whenever I see a small post office building. Most the ones around here though are pretty nondescript. Hope you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've been watching over here, too. Not long since I heard the good news :-)
    Nice black and white photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photographs here ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the b&w shot of the Civil War living history.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely blooms.It would be my pleasure if you join my link up party related to gardening where you can share about plants and flowers here at http://jaipurgardening.blogspot.com/2020/11/bees-and-butterflies-on-flower.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Quite appropriate to render that re-enactor in black and white.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.