November 5, 2020

Signs of Challenging Times.

It's two days after Election Day and we have proof that Eric Trump was wrong when he made the claim that the coronavirus would "magically go away on Election Day." New cases continue to occur at an alarming rate. Meanwhile, we still don't know who won the presidential race because votes in several states are still being counted. 

I'm continuing to take pictures of post offices because I treasure our postal service. Before the election, Republicans predicted fraud in voting and criticized the postal service in advance for not being able to process mail-in ballots properly. Now their leader is making accusations of fraud all over the place. Legitimate news sources debunk these accusations almost as quickly as they are made. 

 
This post office is in Charles Town, West Virginia. It was built in 1922 on the site of the old county jail where John Brown and his co-conspirators were confined after their unsuccessful raid on Harpers Ferry in 1859. After a trial, Brown was hung a few blocks away.
 

Cardboard campaign signs are still up. These two are different than the usual ones. 

Here's another sign saying you must wear a mask over your nose and mouth in order to enter a store. This is a health food store and customers were all in compliance. Some other stores have not been as successful. I prefer to shop in stores where customers are following these simple health rules. 

The next photo shows a sign telling us there is only one race, the human race. I'm also including a wider view of that building, which appears to be 150 years old or more.


After I went shopping and took pictures today, I noticed that a warning message was displayed on my dash saying that a tire was low on air. The first gas station I found did not have an air pump so I drove on to Berryville. I inflated the tire but  about 20 minutes later, the message came up again. I went to Jiffy Lube and they showed me that a large nail was in the tire. They filled my spare tire with air and installed it for me. I have found their staff to be helpful in the past, and I am very grateful that they helped me out again. 

Tire shops close early around here so we'll have to call one in the morning. At least I got home safely. 

8 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Great series of signs. The increase of covid cases is scary, once again. Covid is not going away until there is a good vaccine. I am glad you made home safely! Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Linda, several of yoour signs highlight the GREAT divide in this country, what a mess. Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trump got what he wanted...he tried to slow the votes, by rigging the post office to slow the ballots, then he tried to slow the vote by using courts to stop the state deadlines when mailed ballots could be received, he tried to slow the vote by encouraging Rep states to put only one ballot drop per county, and by trying to denounce mail in votes period...so all his efforts paid off he slowed but did not Stop the vote.
    So now he must deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is sad to me about the orange guy, is how many GOP followers he had/has...and they have been deluded by his lies. Those who look at him as a clown have seen through the lies, but the orange followers have believed lots of what he says, mainly about the Democrats. So many people that think those lies were true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice series of signs. I like the "one race human" it's my favorite. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post office! I agree with the "anyone but Trump" sign. It looks like he won't be re-elected, thank goodness. Here in Oregon people are really good about wearing masks in public places.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.