November 4, 2020

Birds Seen Briefly.

This afternoon was warm so I had lunch on the deck, camera beside me in case some birds decided to show up. Sure enough, one landed on the fence. I used the zoom feature and saw it was a robin. Before I could get a second picture, it turned its back! Then it flew away.



 Then a little woodpecker showed up, hopping up the trunk of a tree rather quickly. I believe she's a downy woodpecker. A hairy woodpecker is similar but usually larger. 

I was feeling pretty good about getting some bird photos when the camera suddenly shut off. The battery was exhausted. I had used this camera a few days ago while my newer one was getting charged up and then I forgot to charge this one. 

10 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Love the cute Robin and the Woodpecker. Great photos. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I think that our robins have gone on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing the birds!
    My camera shut off the other day - my memory card was full. Thankfully, my husband had a spare so I could continue. Added new memory card to my shopping list.
    Have a blessed day

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have lots of pictures of bird's backsides and lots of blurs as they fly away.

    Love the woodpecker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots of these pretty birds. Yes, we have to have charged things in this age of technology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see these birds :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great bird photos! I've had that happen to me, it is frustrating I know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did get a few photos before it gave up. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty robin! It reminded me of a blog called 'Birds from Behind' that I visited a while back!
    That unexpected shut down is quite frustrating--been there many times :)

    It's great to see your link at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.