August 16, 2020

A Photo Show in Wardensville and a Church in nearby Baker.

Today I drove across Great North Mountain to deliver three photos to the Lost River Trading Post. This is a coffee shop, store, and gallery in Wardensville. (I don't know why they named it Lost River when it is not in that town nor is it on that river, although it is on the Cacapon River which is the same water by a different name and in a different valley.  (More about the river's unusual story in my 9/10/2015 post.)

Anyway, the photos are part of an exhibition with a "Travel" theme. Eight members of the Shenandoah Chapter of Photog Friends are participating. The photos will be displayed until September 20, with luck. Our last show ended very early with the Covid19 lockdown.

The Trading Post is trying hard to keep customers safe. They even have a hand washing station near the entrance. The spigot is operated with a foot pedal.

I'm including a picture of a pretty display of glass. Did you know that West Virginia is famous for its glass?

By the way, I learned that Wardensville was once named Trout Run after a local creek.





After I left the store, I drove across the ridge to Baker. I happened across this United Methodist Church there.

9 comments:

  1. I was impressed with the implementation of its health protocol. In my country there are also strict regulations.

    Hopefully the situation will recover again, no more epidemic.
    Greetings from Indonesia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice church to vivit, odd looking at a red cowboy cow

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...a lovely collection finished with a beautiful church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know about WV and glass. I have a WV sticker on my car's back window, from the former owner who loved to go there and take part in activism against mountain-top-removal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all that glass in the window!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The glass is beautiful ... it’s great that your photographs will be displayed in the gallery.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.