July 19, 2020

Views near Little Washington

Rappahannock County

This first view is from my archives. It's a nice barn so I didn't want to waste it.


The rest of today's pictures are current scenes, starting with a building in the town of Washington. The town was the first one to be named after George Washington, who surveyed it as a young man in 1749.


Fellowship Assembly of God Church stands high on a hill outside of the town. I drove up there when we were in that area late Wednesday afternoon. I was curious about the view and wanted to capture the darkening sky.  

InSpired Sunday and The Barn Collective.
There is a great view from that hill but the late hour meant my pictures would look dark.


I don't need to apologize for this last shot though. 

11 comments:

  1. Hello, I love the barn and the last few views of the mountains and sky. Take care! Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...little Washington looks like a wonderful countryside community,I'd like it better than Big Washington. Thanks Linda for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonito reportaje, me encanta la Ășltima foto, feliz semana.
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, great sun view ... that is amazing. so humid lately ... been hiding out ... trying to find shade. my Mom did some homemade bread. fun times. ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great clouds, and especially that last shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A pretty series of photos!
    Thanks for your visit to my blog. No, I did not notice that the brush-cutter had a surprised face, but now that you mentioned it, it is easy to see!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has been a long time since I went to Little Washington. Your photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the buildings are attractive. I was interested in the names of them on the labels of your photos. The mountain views are atmospheric as is the photo of the sky with the silhouette of the trees in the foreground.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely views in all of your photographs Linda.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the church and sky picture and the last shot especially.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.