July 20, 2020

Living Near the Blue Ridge Random-osity


The Good: I read that there's a new mural in Elkton and I found it. This shows a mama bear and her cubs and it's on the side of an outdoors shop. 

Monday Murals
The artists still have supplies there so I'll have to check back to see if they do more to it. 


The Random: I keep an eye out for informal artwork. This piece is on the inside of a shed door and it just happened to be open.

The Fun: I happened to find a small recreation area that opened last year. Riverside Preserve is on Leeds Manor Road not far from Route 211. It is open on weekends and at other times by permit.

When I went by on Saturday, I got the last parking spot and walked down the trail to the Rappahannock River. Families were cooling off in the water, which is shallow but rocky. The banks are steep. I imagine the fishing is good when the place is not full of laughing children.
Mosaic Monday.

19 comments:

  1. Linda - the bear mural would suit Montana as well! Lovely photos for Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like those bears - love the way the forest is their fur. One day I may even get to see a real one.

    Stay safe - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice mural with the bear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bears on the building are wonderful. And your little recreation area looks beautiful.

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    I love the bear mural, it is so cute. The water scenes are pretty.. Enjoy your day, have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely collages of the riverside location. The bear mural is creatively done. I like the way the tree branches form part of the fur of the bears, big and small. You went by just at the right time to see the mural on the open door.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mural of the bears is really nice, love the mountains and trees inside their shape.
    Lovely collage of the river photos, the area looks quite inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Precioso mural, feliz día.
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely mosaic and photos Linda. I am at #11 on the linky
    Be Safe

    Much😊love

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice mural with the bears.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great series and I do love the bear mural!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bears are so very cool, can't wait to see how it looks when finished.
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  13. The mural with the bear and her cubs is amazing. I also liked the painting inside the door you found open. It's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful river park! I bet cooling off feels pretty good to the kids right about now. I wouldn’t have to splash on the rocky bottom river...just being in the green shade would help!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The bear mural has me smiling. That's interesting how the bears are outlined with vines or branches.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a cool mural of the bears.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.