June 19, 2020

June in Hardy County


1. These views are between Baker and Moorefield, starting with a wildflower planting along Highway 48/55. 

Friday Bliss, Floral Friday.
2. The rest of the scenes are along the road that crosses a ridge between Lost River State Park and Moorefield. This curving driveway caught my eye.

Black and White Weekend.

3. Mountain laurel lights up the woods.

4. The mountain views provide a good excuse for driving this winding road. It is steep in places but it's paved. I did not recognize this road but I probably crossed the mountain on it with my parents many years ago. We stayed in a cabin in Lost River State Park more than once. It's quite possible that the road was not paved then.

5. Fences: I don't know if you can see the rocky outcroppings. I liked the curve of the fence and the flowers growing over it.

6. Skywatch: Does this driveway go to a farm or someone's vacation home?  Maybe a full-time residence? A surprising number of people like living along a mountain road, even though it takes a while to get to town and may be impossible in icy weather. The views are spectacular.


16 comments:

  1. These are impressive landscape photos and the BW photo is so beautiful too!
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place to live! I wouldn't mind living there even in tricky Winter conditions to get to town. The winding road is perfect for the black and white photo. I've not seen mountain laurel before and will look it up. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Linda, you showed the natural world at its best. Thanks for the visit and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, lovely views of the countryside and the flowers. I like the curvy driveway! Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, that curve is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous countryside and beautifully photographed. I like the b&w shot of the car tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful views!
    I like the black and white photo, too
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Curve of dirt road and of fence are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the open mountain views - you saw long in the distance. Beautiful. Wishing lovely weekend Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful nature and fence :) And I love the curved country road in your BW shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your b&w makes me thing of an old Beatles song, the long and winding road :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your second shot is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing such lovely views of the countryside and the flowers.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used to love black and white photography when I did my own developing. It was fun to work with the lights and darks to get it just right. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the wildflowers. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.