June 18, 2020

Masks, Stores, and Signs.

With socializing still limited by the pandemic, I decided to use a model available to me: myself. The mask is a scarf/mask combination. When I need a mask for a brief conversation, this one is hidden inside the scarf.

The next picture is the entrance to a convenience store. The sign says the customer limit is 13 persons at a time, in order to allow for social distancing.


The self-serve features are closed in order to avoid transmission of the virus.

Marty is a robot at a supermarket. His job is said to be alerting staff to spills. Glad to see he is wearing his mask!

Next is a sign at Better Thymes. They don't want you coming in without a mask! It's a state law here but many people ignore it. Perhaps a bouncer at the door would put a stop to the scofflaws.


A sign of HOPE in Wardensville.
Signs, Signs / Little Things Thursday.

10 comments:

  1. I personally think the “please...” sign is too polite ... I like the bouncer guy . Anyone who isn’t willing to wear a mask in public these days doesn’t deserve politeness since they aren’t willing to be kind to others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Wearing a mask is important, I do not know why some people refuse. Are they vain or what? Enjoy your day, have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I HOPE that everyone wears a mask!!!We finally ventured to Costco yesterday morning for their senior citizens hour. EVERYONE was wearing a mask, it was great. Thanks Linda for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the scarf combo with mask...pretty as well as giving more protection both ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the HOPE sign!
    I always wear a mask out in public, but it is not mandatory here, and many people do not wear them. The only places here that I know of that are requiring masks to be worn are doctors' offices.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most stores here don't require masks but most wear them. It's getting to be a habit.
    Love all the greens in your previous post
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the muscular bouncer. There are some who can't wear masks for medical reasons and they certainly aren't fun but I am a big believer in them, and they are required in New York State. I am intrigued by the robot - I have seen one only once (in a Publix?) the mask was a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got a cloth mask but have been using bandannas too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like the HOPE sign.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't understand why some people refuse to wear a mask. It is such a simple thing to do to help save lives.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.