May 2, 2020

Younger than Springtime.

Here's another look at the goslings that I showed you last week. They are growing quickly, and look both fat and fluffy! 



There are baby mallards too. They stay on the other side of the lake so I don't have any close-up pictures yet. 


Meanwhile, a sparrow family has been growing in a birdhouse over my deck.

I've watched the parent birds bringing food to the chirping voices in the bird house. Today I saw some very young sparrows on the deck, and I assume they are the babies who have now fledged. Look at the one sitting down on the rail. Finally he stood up and flew off. 


This afternoon I drove out to use the ATM and pick up a paper, so I also took a short ride. Do you see the calf with its mom?


And the last shot is something silly that I saw in a supermarket.

Peace and health be with you!
Sharing with Saturday Critters 



11 comments:

  1. So very precious...each and all! Even the whimsical store find!

    Thanks so much for joining us at I'd Rather B Birdin this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duck yoga! What fun!
    Love the photos of all the babies!
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, the baby duck are my favorite. They are so darn cute. Adorable captures of the baby birds and the sweet calf and cows. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy new week ahead! PS, thanks for the visit and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mallards really are growing fast, it's amazing. Nice captures of the sparrows and cows. Have a great day and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing the babies and I'm particularly fond of mama cows with their calves. Nice pic! I think sparrows are underrated. I'm fascinated by how many varieties there are. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great spring babies...loved seeing your cameras of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The young ones are so cute. We've been watching the robins with their little ones here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the babies. And thanks for the laugh
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  9. The goose seem to be Chinese goose :)

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_goose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely spring babies all over the place! Glad you’re getting out safely a bit...and assume all is well with you and yours?

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.