March 21, 2020

Geese and Grackles.

Weekend Reflection, Saturday's Critters, I'd Rather Be Birdin'

Today was Saturday and we stayed home. Usually we go somewhere on Saturday, but we had to cancel our plans this weekend. I want to stay healthy as long as possible.

The farthest I ventured out was into the yard to feed the birds. I'm fortunate to have a yard, and as for the view of the lake, that's the reason we bought this house.

I did a little work on my taxes this afternoon. I'm feeling a bit of cabin fever because I am accustomed to getting out into the world. I think most folks are feeling restless.


Do you see the red winged blackbird on the feeder with the grackle? I wonder what they are thinking.

Grackles have bright eyes that make them look cross.



Oops, look who sneaked up to the finch feeder! Squirrels are not supposed to like thistle seeds, but I think the females will eat the less tasty seeds if they have babies to feed.


10 comments:

  1. Hello. Great serie of birds.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, They Grackles are so colorful. I have not seen many grackles in my yard. I love the geese. That last squirrel shot is great. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care! Enjoy your day, wishing you a great new week ahead. PS, thanks so much for your comment and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful collection! Love the intruder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great close-ups! I can never get quite close enough, when I do, the critters fly or scurry away. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice collection of creatures. My favorites are the geese.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great pictures. And you captured the iridescent head feathers on the early Grackle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoje comentei com meu marido, que bom que temos quintal, do contrário seria sufocante ficar presa em espaço pequeno. Belas fotos! bj

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those squirrels...pesky critters but still a joy to watch. Great geese & loved the colors on the grackles too.
    Thanks for linking in! Your friendship & loyalty to our world's birds are very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of these critters are good company.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.