March 20, 2020

Around Warren Willy Nilly

It's Willy Nilly Friday and we find many places closed, but I have plenty of pictures from the past week to share.
   
1. Here I'm showing another municipal building. This is the Warren County Government Center located in Front Royal.

Black and White Weekend.
2. A new Warren County Hospital is going up on the new Leach Run Parkway.

3. We are being urged to stay home, so we cancelled a trip we had planned to Montross to meet with our tenant. I'm also trying to cut down on trips to grocery stores, but it is difficult because they are out of many things, so then I have to go back another day or go to a different store.

Several stores are making an early morning hour available to senior citizens to shop. I am not likely to get up before dawn to shop at 6 am!

Today we found enough items to fill out what we didn't find when we shopped a few days ago, so we should be able to avoid shopping this weekend. I've ordered some items from Amazon and Vitacost too. There are a number of things I just can't find in the stores close to home.

4. Skywatch: There's a spot near home where I get a nice view of the evening sky.


5. Do you see the mailbox up in the tree? I'm pretty sure it is being used as a bird house.

6. Floral Friday, Friday Bliss: This tree in our yard in blooming.

I'm glad we have a yard so I can go outside and look for signs of spring! We aren't under the strict rules that have been imposed in California and New York, but it seems prudent to avoid crowds, even small ones. I really miss going to museums and restaurants, but what can you do? Most of them are closed.

Stay well!

14 comments:

  1. The situation seems so surreal! Our government declared a partial lockdown 4 days ago after a surge of covid-19 cases and the panic buying started.

    Stay safe, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...love the mailbox, I've seen several similar for "airmail." Our children are doing our shopping for us. Thanks Linda, take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so strange to wake up in the morning and think, everything is closed. All the things I go to, library, senior center, clay studio, restaurants...all those places shut, or working on delivery services. I think I'l go to grocery and pharmacy sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somebody needs to check that mailbox for mail.

    I am finding out here that some assholish, younger than 65 people are going in at the senior hours to get stuff. I guess that I qualify for the senior hour but I am in great health with no mobility issues so I don't take advantage of the special hours. To me they are for people who have trouble negotiating crowded spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such crazy times we are living in. This is nothing like any of us have experienced before. Beautiful shots of the sky and the spring blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am trying to limit my store trips but like you said it is hard when they are out of almost everything...I am concerned about running out of food and necessities...I did find some acetaminophen and DayQuil/NyQuil at Walmart yesterday and only bought 3 of each just in case we need it but I left some on the shelves for others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grocery store hours for seniors is 9-11am here and that seems to be working fine.
    I like th blossoms, they are pretty.
    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Está bem difícil para todos que estão passando pelo covid-19
    Hoje completou uma semana que estou dentro do meu mato, Mas com certeza tudo vai passar, e espero que as pessoas tomem consciência que isso é grave, aqui muitos ainda não respeitam.
    abraço!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are people here who do not respect it either.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful sky & cherries! All social contacts at zero here too. Stay safe & well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I finally got my online order for grocery store parking lot pickup done last night. It's very popular right now so I had to stay up until midnight to get one of the spots three days in the future. I don't know how many they have every hour but I don't think it's a lot. I never see more than five or so dedicated shoppers in the store when I go inside. I'll see how much of what I ordered is available when I arrive next Wednesday. Still no paper products. I guess you have to go inside early in the day to get those. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the lines and curves in your black and white!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.