September 14, 2019

Hooved Beauties

Today we have some wild animals and some tame ones, but they all have hooves. Let's start with a couple of beautiful horses. They look very intelligent. 


Next, some small farm animals: a goat and some curious sheep. 


The deer shown here are in Shenandoah National Park. 


Mother Deer wears a tracking collar. Researchers are monitoring the park's deer in hopes of avoiding an outbreak of chronic wasting disease.

These deer were in Dickey Ridge Picnic Area in the northern section of the park.

From the sublime to the ridiculous, we came across a Llama Kissing Booth at a small fair in Woodstock.  I did not kiss the llama but did put a small donation in the container anyway.

These llamas are from Posey Thisisit Llama Farm, which we visited almost a decade ago. They were in Woodstock for a gardening and sustainability event. 




7 comments:

  1. ...some beauties particularly the first two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I love all the critters. The horses and sheep are beautiful. I am not sure I could kiss a llama, I assume they are tame. Great post and photos. Thank you for sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see the many animals today...but I'll skip kissing the lamas. They are really sweet though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun collection....didn’t know about the wasting disease for the deer, hope the research is successful in stopping that. ...Llamas are fun and cute, but I don’t think I’d kiss one either! Original idea tho!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! I don't believe I'd want to kiss a llama either.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.