July 27, 2019

Meanwhile, In my Back Yard...


 Sometimes I forget to look in my back yard to see what's going on. Often there is something worth photographing.

The first picture is just shadows on the deck. I made this black and white because it was almost monochromatic anyway.

We have a view of the community lake and there are always some ducks and geese out there. Sometimes I see other birds, including an occasional hummingbird.



Today I saw a couple of butterflies in our bird bath. Here's one of them. There was only a small amount of water in there.

Often I look out and see a robin or two.



11 comments:

  1. Our backyards are always full of amazing surprises (and very welcome visitors).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! I like those shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I had a community lake view! Pretty birds! (And I like the monochrome shadow shot)

    Thanks for joining us at I'd Rather B Birdin' this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Have a good week, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, great shadow shot. I love all the birds, especially the hummer. Pretty capture of the Robin and a beautiful butterfly. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day! PS, thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post, beautiful B&w.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How similar birds and butterflies are from our different perspectives!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots to see if we just take time to notice. I like the shadows picture a lot.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.