March 15, 2019

Ides of March Willy Nilly


1. The Romans determined the "Ides" by the full moon. Now the only time we say "Ides" is referring to the 15th of March, due to the reference in "Julius Caesar."

I played with a moon photo in Photoshop because I wanted something unique.


2. I appreciate Black and White Weekend choosing my "Striped Roads" to publish. Today's black and white image shows part of a dam.

3. Reflection of trees and sky in a car window.


4. Cloudia always has some great quotes on her blog. I copied this one. Writers take note!


5. Last and perhaps least, is an odd little selfie I made today using my iPad and a dollar-store scarf.

Have a good weekend!

17 comments:

  1. Lovely shots! Your selfie made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Linda, an interesting collection. You look so serious in the your selfie! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of these, I liked what you did with the moon - unusual, and pretty. Your selfie - you look so serious! And a bit mysterious. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection...the selfie shows your mysterious side, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite a variety, you look Middle eastern in the last one

    ReplyDelete
  6. That reflection photo is really beautiful, and I like the edits you did on the moon shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photos - I love the water fall. Have a nice weeked!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like what you did with the moon, it's quite striking. And like others have commented, I too think your selfie makes you look a little mysterious.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice light on your dam - and the water looks wet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Visiting from Weekend in Black and White! Nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda - joining from Willy Nilly Friday. This is a wonderful series of photos in this post. I especially liked the reflection! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting series. When I saw your selfie, the first thing that came to my mind was that you were dressed up as a spy. :)

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.