April 7, 2018

Geese, Robins, and Flash.


There are several types of geese in our neighborhood. All live as wild geese although some are descended from domestic breeds.  Perhaps this pretty pair are pilgrim geese, a "color-sexing" breed in which males are white and females are gray. (I just found out about this.)
Sharing with Weekend Reflections, Saturday's Critters, and I'd Rather Be Birdin'. 
I snapped the vertical image today at Shenandoah University. That's an American Robin in the tree. We see another robin in the next picture. It was in my yard and I zoomed in.

Flash is back to eating breakfast again, now that he is taking a medication to stimulate his appetite. This is helpful because I have to give him important meds twice a day and it was extremely difficult to do so when he wouldn't eat. He is still very picky about what he eats.


The final image shows two geese feeding in my back yard. They swim over on the lake and wander around as they please. Do you see the robin in the background? He looks tiny compared to the geese.


13 comments:

  1. Love the Flash portrait!!

    And a sure sign of Spring...beautiful robins and active geese!

    For sharing with us at I'd Rather B Birdin', I thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great shots here, well done. Glad to hear Flash is on the mend. Take care and thanks for your visit, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, the geese are cute. Great shot of Flash, I am glad he is eating again. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Thanks for the comment too. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...our robins have finally returned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The geese are fine looking creatures and I always like seeing robins. It signals spring to me. But my favorite is Flash. I have a real soft spot in my heart for the pups, especially the older ones. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pics of the geese, and glad to hear Flash is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Linda!:) Nice to see the geese wandering around your garden, and the beautiful Robin close up. I do hope that Flash recovers his appetite fully, but I'm glad he is eating his breakfast.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos of the geese, robin, and Flash. Glad he is doing better. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Flash is looking particularly stoic and noble!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed seeing your birds, and I am glad Flash is eating again
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting to learn about 'color-sexing' geese... I loved seeing the robin ... just like daffodils and other floral signs of spring, Robin Redbreast is another one we don't have here in SW Florida (another one I miss from Oregon in other words). Sweet dog, I hope he continues to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always like tosee Flash, looking rather perky today

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are healthy-looking geese! Glad Flash is eating again - we have the same challenge giving medicine to our cats ...

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.