July 30, 2013

The Old Hotel Edinburg

In Shenandoah County, Virginia

Across from the bank in Edinburg is an old hotel that is currently used by the VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars). When I first tried to take a picture of it, a vehicle pulled in beside me. There was an attractive guy in the passenger seat so I took his picture!

When I looked for information on this old hotel, I found a postcard image. I assume the train once stopped nearby, making this an ideal location for travelers.


I crossed Stoney Creek Road to get a picture near the railroad. One set of railroad tracks has been removed and the other set is in disrepair. The train doesn't run here anymore.


A plaque gives the date of the hotel as 1904. It was placed by the Edinburg Heritage Foundation.

 Link: Town of Edinburg — Organizations


5 comments:

  1. cute pup. love the last shot of the railroad tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! The second one made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is one handsome fella! Definitely a neat building, but sad to see it's looking a little run down. It would be nice if they were able to get it fully functioning as a hotel again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool old building! Was this at Petticoat Junction by any chance? :)

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.