June 1, 2009

Mysterious Ink Spots


I was surprised to see spots of ink on the Daily Word this morning. I don't even own a fountain pen and one spot looked way to large to be a smear of the magazine's ink.

It took me a while to figure out what had happened. In the left-hand photo, I restaged the setup with the flower a little closer so that you can see what happened.

At first I didn't believe that the iris had done this. Below you see what happened when I picked up the spent blossom and gave it a squeeze.

The Case of the Ink-Bleeding Iris:
Closed


No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.