E. Wilson Morrison School
This elementary school opened for the season on August 12, and closed 10 days later. On August 22, a notice went out that the school had to be closed due to "structural damage to the building that requires immediate assessment and remediation." School was closed for two days so an inspection could be completed and plans made for students to go to a different school. The school is 91 years old, and apparently age and moisture caused weakening of the facade.
I took this picture when I went to Front Royal on Tuesday for a dental appointment. I had a small filling done, but it wasn’t very painful. (I decline Novocaine for fillings because it makes me nauseous, and the shot hurts worse than the drilling.)
After my appointment, I had lunch at Spelunkers. I’m not a fan of showing food photos, and all I had was lettuce-wrapped burger and fries. In spite of being a burger place, they have fresh flowers on the tables.
After that, I made a brief trip on Skyline Drive, which is right next to the town and has fantastic views.
Hi Linda, your photos are beautiful! And the place where you dined looks very warm and welcoming.
ReplyDelete