July 22, 2026

Robins and Excuses

Today I'm sharing pictures of American robins, and I apologize for the quality. My excuse is that I was excited that my experiment with the Birdfy cam was successful in getting pictures of birds at the birdbath.



The Birdfy device had to be moved when the painters re-stained the deck, and I decided to place it on the patio table facing the birdbath. So far, the only birds that it has captured are robins.

This evening, I took a cell phone picture of a bird on a streetlight. Again, I’m offering an excuse, and that is that the light was quite dim at 8:45 PM, so don’t look too closely. I’m pretty certain that this is a robin as well. I see them often, and they don’t seem to be as shy of people as many birds are.


For a closer look, here’s a robin that I photographed last year.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.