July 23, 2026

A Month after the Summer Solstice

Even though the longest day of the year was June 21, we’re still enjoying daylight after 8:30 in the evening. The weather has been nice enough to be outside in the evening this week.

Yesterday I was walking with Charlie at 8:35 and noticed that the sky was getting pretty. I decided to sit on the bench in my front yard to watch for the sunset.


Soon the sky turned pink in the west. Towards the south, the moon was visible until clouds moved in front of it.



1 comment:

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.