October 13, 2024

Greenmount Church and Countryside

Rockingham County, VA


I came across this church in a farm community north of Harrisonburg. It is a “Covenant Brethren Church.”  I had to look that up. I was familiar with Church of the Brethren, which is Anabaptist, and saw that the denomination split off in 2020 after finding that the Brethren Church was getting too open-minded for their conservative tastes, which seems quite sad. 

When I took the pictures, the sky was clear and the shadows were very strong. I lightened them a bit so that the pretty windows would show up.



From the parking lot, I could view a nearby farm and also a hill which I believe is Mole Hill, a volcanic feature. Usually I see that monadnock from a different direction.



3 comments:

  1. Very beautiful scenery. Yes, it does seem sad to disapprove of open-mindedness. That's something to encourage, thinking for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid photos and interesting history of the church. We need more open mindedness, and humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty little church. How sad that open-mindedness gets viewed as something bad.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.