May 6, 2024

Young George Washington Tames a Monster

Winchester, VA


I saw this mural online so I sought it out. The monster is either a man-eating vine or a strange dragon, The hero is young George Washington, who had an office in Winchester before he became nationally famous.  He is feeding pizza to the creature because this is a pizza parlor.

Mosaic Monday / Murals

Oh, before someone asks me how is the pizza, let me say I don’t know. My food allergies make it impossible to eat anything resembling a real pizza. 


9 comments:

  1. It seems interesting when places are associated with historical figures.
    I like it and it gives the place more prestige.
    Be well and take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That plant seems to come from Amazon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool mural! I love pizza! Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE PIZZA, ACCORDING VEGETABLE TO BITE LINDA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not being able to eat pizza is not so serious, Linda. It is generally over-rated in my estimation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very quirky mural. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd stay away from man (or pizza) eating vines around that nice looking area!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another round of MosaicMonday in beautiful May... and I am very happy about your contribution. More pictures this week that show your surroundings, nature, something of your everyday life. Pictures that also tell a bit of history, it`s very interesting.

    Thank you for your participation. Have a good time, best wishes from Heidrun

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.