May 18, 2024

Courageous Charlie

Hi, it's Charlie! I only went to daycare one time this week because I am learning to stay home all by myself. I can manage two hours now without getting real scared. I still get nervous because I worry about my mom.


I like to have an adventure every day. We went to the dog park twice and that’s fun when someone is there to play with. 



On other days we went to the state park. We don’t always park in the same area because I like to try different trails so that I can smell all sorts of animals.

I didn’t try to make friends with this creature. Mom thinks it’s a skink. 



We saw rabbits, but they were so fast that mom did not get a clear picture. Here is what I think they look like

There is a river there, but you know what? It’s wet and cold and makes sounds!


Today we went back and I saw a girl walking in the water. so I gave it another try.



As we were leaving, we saw Ranger Tom and he said the river is rising so they have to close that entrance. I was ready to go home and eat dinner anyway.
 


15 comments:

  1. Charlie took a nice walk.
    I really like the last photo with the riverwalk!
    Have a nice Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Charlie had some nice outings. I am glad to see he was brave to put his paws in the water. Pretty views!
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and happy new week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlie, you are discovering that the whole of Life is an Adventure, aren't you? What lovely places your Mom takes you to visit! And what interesting critters you meet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely to see you out and about and enjoying yourself. Looks like a nice place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems to me that, all things considered, life is pretty good, Sir Charles Beagle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...it's nice to be out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting used to staying home is a good skill for humans, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that rabbit! heehee! And what fun to have adventures every day. I don't think I could keep up with Charlie though! Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great experiences for Charlie. It is so good for pets to learn to stay home. For both them and their parents.
    I read your previous post as well. I have never considered left-handers and guitars!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there Charlie...you beautiful young dog you! Such wonderful adventures with mom, but I'm quite impressed with your new ability to stay alone for 2 hours at home. That takes real courage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are all lovely photographs and I especially like the first one :)
    It sounds a good week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're a brave explorer, Charlie! Hope you get to conquer your fear of the river someday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lucky dog you are, Charlie; and so brave to try a new adventure of walking in the river.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous views and scenery

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.