April 1, 2024

New Mural on Urban Exchange Building

 Harrisonburg

Monday Murals

This painting of a chess player is the creation of artist Nils Westergard. He was working on it two weeks ago when the winds got so powerful that he had to stop for safety reasons. These were the winds that brought on multiple wildfires. The local news quoted him as saying, "I live in the country that invented the windmill. I never had to stop for wind before.”

I have admired his murals before, including Girl with Flowers in Waynesboro.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that's wonderful. Not being a chess player myself, it does look like he's very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, fantastic mural. Wind and wildfires, a terrible combination! Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful mural. I love chess. Have a good month and a good week🌼!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great mural. Makes me wish I still played chess.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.