March 27, 2024

Geese and Woodpeckers

I think I've shown you these particular geese before because they live at a home next to our state park. The one with rather raggedy feathers is a Sebastopol goose. The other may be a graylag goose, or it could be hybrid. It does look like it has a few curly feathers.


I don’t have any new birds for Wild Bird Wednesday, and the ones that I photographed recently are the same species I’ve been showing for a month. I went back in my collection of unused pictures from a couple of years ago and found these downy woodpeckers. The one with the red patch on his head is a male.



6 comments:

  1. The picture with the ducks is beautiful and let it be a little fluffed!! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never have too many pictures of a woodpecker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The geese are so cute and I love the woodpeckers.
    Great photos. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...there are plenty of woodpeckers here too.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.