March 23, 2024

Charlie’s Post on National Puppy Day

Hi, Charlie here! Sometimes I get to write a post to let you know what’s going on. There were some strange things this week. When we went for a walk yesterday, there was a smell of smoke. We didn’t see any fires though. We saw blue flowers by the river in the state park.


(Virginia Bluebells)

On the day before that, there was a lot of wind. It made noise and it blew a long thing off the house. Today Lynn came with a guy who fastened it back up. They call it a downspout.

The smoky smell is gone now. That has something to do with the rain that we had this morning. It was raining hard, but Mom didn’t even mind. She put on her hat and we took a walk like we usually do. 

We take walks a lot. I like walks better than riding in the car.  We even walk at night, but not very far. 

I like other animals. Mom made a picture of a cat, but it is not real.


The squirrel is real, but there’s a screen on the window so he looks a little funny. I don’t bark at him because I am a quiet dog and mostly I am curious.



I  like seeing birds but they won’t let me get close. And one thing I do like about the car is that I can look out the window and see other animals.



Did I tell you that Mom takes my picture all the time? I don’t like to pose. Well, it’s time to go to bed. Be nice to animals, especially dogs.





13 comments:

  1. Very beautiful photos of rural life. Adorable puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie in sleep is looking very calm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Charlie,
    Most dog do not like posing for photos, I do enjoy seeing your cute Charlie photos. I love the Bluebells, the kitty , the Robins and sheep. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your day and have a great week ahead. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m glad that the rain came, Charlie. It will help to put those fires out and make sure they don’t spread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are all great photos. You look lovely standing next to the bluebells.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...I wish the both of you a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of pats on the head and rubs behind the ears to sweet Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely photos. We especially like the one of you sleeping. What an adorable woofie you are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charlie, you are such a cutie. I forgot the bluebells would be blooming. I'll have to go check this place out near here. Sorry about the fires and glad the rain helped. You are a good boy not barking. That squirrel looks like he is asking for peanuts. Glad Lynn and her friend helped with the fix-up. Nice photos, especially that last one :) The cat was cute but obviously not as cute as you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. First bluebells I've seen this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful post, bluebells are beautiful. Cat is adorable. Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The smell of smoke is a familiar one. I hope we don't get a repeat of last year.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.