March 20, 2024

A Short Post for Wild Bird Wednesday

This will be a brief post because my eyes are tired plus they feel irritated from traces of wildfire smoke. The fires are not close enough to be a threat at this time, but there are several in my county and even more across the mountains. 

It was a very windy day today. Lynn came to help fix a window screen and just before she arrived, the power went out. It turned out that a tall tree had taken down wires on Main Street. Lynn and Barb were able to fix the screen anyhow because we had enough light from the windows. 


I hadn't seen red-winged blackbirds in a while, but I saw several today. I like their song and the male's flashy wings. 

The usual birds have been coming to my feeders. Here we have a black-capped chickadee.


 

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic birds, I hope the fires are put out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, my favorite is the Chickadee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very early to be dealing with forest fires. I hope you receive several days of steady rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...I look forward to seeing red-winged blackbirds again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...I look forward to seeing red-winged blackbirds again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate hearing of fires. And somehow this is when controlled burns are done...then there's high winds with warnings to not burn, both within days of each other. I had some breathing problems when there was a controlled burn near us a few days back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The red-winged blackbird is quite a handsome fellow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Redwing will soon make their presence known here.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.