January 25, 2024

Five Fifteen

Finally the sun is going down after 5 PM. These shots are from Monday evening. I pulled off in a church parking lot to take pictures because I could see in my rearview mirror that the sky was getting pretty.


I wanted to get to Walmart before the pharmacy closed but I stopped one more time to snap another picture.

When I finally got to the store, I could see that the colors had deepened. I was excited to get another picture and forgot to make a mental note of where I had parked. When I came back out, it was dark and I had forgotten where I left the car. Fortunately, my phone had been a mental note for me, so when I ask Siri “where’s my car?” she showed me a map of the parking lot with my car’s location marked.



13 comments:

  1. Beautiful sky captures. Take care, have a great day and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you pulled off. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great thing for Seri to do. Never knew that was available. These sky photos are definitely worth your stopping to capture them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those beautiful skies are worth stopping for!! I didn't know Siri did that. I'll have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the second image. The combination of orange sky and white ground is perfect.

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got your priorities right. Get the photo first, always. Especially sunset photos cuz things happen and change fast.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.