June 5, 2023

Western Loudoun Art Tour

On Saturday, I went to the art show and tour in Purcellville. It was more complicated for me this year because Charlie is still too anxious to stay by himself for an entire afternoon and daycare is not available on weekends. I invited Frank to go with us, and he was glad to oblige because he likes art shows. We took Charlie to the dog park for exercise, and then drove an hour to Loudoun County. 

My first stop was at Judith Thompson’s studio because I did not want to miss her sale. I find her work to be both distinctive and decorative. I did buy something, like I did last year.
Monday Murals / Mosaics 

Frank stayed in the car with Charlie while I went into a small shop in town, and we took turns visiting two other stops. (It was too warm to leave the dog alone in the car.)

The last exhibit was at Franklin Park, where several artists exhibited in the events center. A mural of a tree is next to the auditorium entrance. There are names on the leaves, which I assume represent donors.


The auditorium was almost dark, and nothing was exhibited in it this time.

13 comments:

  1. Artists' sales must be in season -- I went to a sale at the Ann Arbor Potters' Guild, a studio collective of very skilled ceramicists, this weekend.

    The mural of the tree is beautiful.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fabulous and inspiring to visit artists. I really liked the tree mural. We have one in an organic cafe here. Enjoy your week. I am joining you from Mosaic Monday,.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlies is dictating the entire rhythm of your life, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is an art sale here this coming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty art, I love the tree mural. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tree mural is lovely. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love beautiful art like this. Love your photos and sweet Charlie too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tree mural is lovely :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Art shows and galleries are fun places.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, this artworks are very fine. It brings a smile in each person, who see this. And I like it very much

    Here in our town we have only ugly grafittis. It`s a shame. Do you know Augsburg?

    Thank you for sharing with
    MosaicMonday

    Hugs by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.