June 4, 2023

I went to a Memorial Service in Winchester

Lighthouse Baptist Church


On Friday there was a memorial service for my next-door neighbor, Susan. It was held at this church on Route 50.. 

She was a little younger than I am, but had heart trouble. I saw her from time to time, and also met her sister, who often came over to do things for her. Nice people.



On the way home, I stopped and got something to eat. I noticed these pretty roses. The last picture was an accident, taken when my finger slipped as I put the phone back in my pocket. 

Shadow Shot / Garden Affair







7 comments:

  1. ,,nothing is sweeter than a rose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about to say basically what Tom said, so ditto!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty flowers, love the bright red. Take care, have a great day and happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your neighbor's death, and I hope the memorial service celebrated her life well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always so sad to see anyone leave this earth. But, you do have some sweet memories to keep with you. Nice neighbors are hard to come by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers. I'm sorry about your friend.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.