May 13, 2023

Slow Days at the Dog Parks

Another Post from Charlie


I just had two days in a row with no one to play with at the dog park. Yesterday we went to the park in Strasburg, and the only dog that showed up stayed in the other part of the park. I tried to get his attention, but he ignored me. I had to play ball by myself.

We went for a ride and saw some cows. They don’t look up very often. 
 

This afternoon we went to the park in Woodstock, which is often busy. Last Sunday there were eight other dogs and we had fun. Today it was rainy, not hard rain but still wet. No one was there.

I found a blue ball that someone had left. It had leaked a little bit of air but it was a squeaky ball, so it was interesting for a while.

Some birds were there. You can see one on the far fence. They never play with me. They go up in the air and disappear.

Finally a man showed up with two dogs, but they stayed on the other side of the fence where the big dogs play. That was a good thing actually because one of the dogs was really big and stares at me.


As we were leaving, we saw some creature next to the old barn. At first I thought Mom said it was a brown dog. But she said it was a groundhog.




On the way home we passed the dollar store.

Here’s one of the cats that lives at the place where I go to day care sometimes. I think he might be the manager. He watches everyone.

Mom got two cards in the mail from me and I don’t know how that happened. I appreciate that she does a lot for me, but I don’t know how to send cards. 

13 comments:

  1. The ground dog looks so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe that furrst woofie was just shy, Charlie. Maybe next time, he'll play with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...there's no need to rush it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy dog mother's day...hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Charlie :=) You are such a lucky dog.Good story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Linda dear,
    I've enjoyed this post from your Charlie so so much!
    Lucky you, Charly, to have such a wonderful Mom :)
    Hugs and more hugs to both of you
    Xx Daniela @ ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Charlie - Hi Linda -- It's nice to be back, Norton an google had bee keeping me away. I'm glad you like the dog parks, our Adi liked our George Bush Dog Park over in the Adick's dam spillway. I wish she were still alive, we could visit.
    Oh yes, a remembrance part on Jim's blog, seeing Cousin Mary's she shed again. I have my own google profile and meme but your google won't let me use that.
    One more thing, Doggie Heaven here is Great.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,
    Cute photos of Charlie, the cows and other furabies. Sorry, I am late commenting! Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.