April 25, 2023

Tuleyries on a Rainy Day

Boyce, VA


This private estate is adjacent to Blandy, the state arboretum. I have glimpsed it from a distance, but it was not open to the public until Saturday. Since I was very curious to see it, I bought a ticket in spite of forecasted thunderstorms. I got very few pictures because the storm hit while we were inside the house. They did not allow pictures inside, and I would have liked to get photos of the brick outbuildings but rain was pelting down as we left. Maybe some other time.

Tuleyries was built around 1833 for Joseph Tuley, Jr. Only the downstairs was open for the Garden Week tour.

Links:



7 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful place to tour, love that tree and the view. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to see the inside of this big plantation home. Thanks for info about that tiny triangle which I hadn't ever noticed...I've got over 200 spams in that folder. Not something I am eager to go through...but I will. Maybe with my new eyes I'll see more of these details...but I also think not having a high def screen keeps my vision limited. Thinking my new eyes might need a better one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll look forward to more pictures on your next visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the name of your blog on Season in the Valley and I clicked on it because I thought I had read “Tuilerie” as in the palace in Paris. Being born and raised in Paris my mom took me often to play in the Tuileries gardens. Now living in the South I love visiting old mansion such as the one you show. So much history in those old mansions.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.