April 26, 2023

A Deluxe Farm Pond

Last week was Historic Garden Week in Virginia and I did three days of touring lovely homes and gardens. Many of these places are rarely open to the public. Some offer a glimpse of how the ultra-rich live. An estate near Flint Hill was an example. The entrance to it was quite impressive and there was a large pond.

 


Although I saw geese on the pond, I did not see the swans that are said to be there. Here’s a picture of some swans that I saw another pond not long ago.


I suppose I should show you a picture of the house. It was too fancy for my taste. I half-expected Marie-Antoinette to come waltzing through the rooms.






7 comments:

  1. Imagine the carbon footprint in that place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful house and I like the pond. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Linda :=)
    Nice views of the pond, swans and ducks, but the manor house is a bit small for my taste :=))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha it does look like Marie might haunt those halls! I'm closer to a tiny house lover myself, but it would be fun to see these "estates" and it's pretty cool that they open to public tours sometimes. In Oregon there's some kind of a property tax break owners of historical properties can get if they do that once a year. (I don't think any of those historical properties are quite as grand or for sure as old as the ones in your state though!)

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.