March 4, 2023

Charlie and Two Rough Days

Hi, it's Charlie. The last two days were not too great, although today was much better because I got to go to the dog park and run around. I need a lot of exercise because I am young and strong and very fast.


So this happened. My mom noticed that my eyes were pink and a little sticky. She took me to the vet's office on Thursday. It's the same building where I go to day care, but the vet makes me get up on a tall table. I don't like some of the things he does.

He put some stuff in my eyes. Now Mom has been putting the stuff in my eyes too. I guess it helps because they feel better.

I would rather go to daycare than to see the vet. I don’t like leaving my mom but the people there are nice, and there are dogs to see.

There are some cats who live in that building. I’ll show you one of them. Her name is Khaleesi and she is pretty but stand-offish.

Here is Khaleesi with a filter from Picsart.

I don’t know what’s wrong with cats. They won’t play with me. There are some who even come in my yard but they run away. I got close to the orange cat again and it even meowed nicely, but then it ran off.

I also see birds in our yard, and in other yards when I take a walk. They won’t stay and play either, and it isn’t really fair because they can go up in the air.



Yesterday we did not get to go anywhere because it was rainy and windy all day. I got restless, and my mom got annoyed when I kept jumping on her. But I did one thing that was brave. I stayed all by myself when my mom went somewhere in the car. She was gone for 17 minutes and I waited without scratching the door. She said she was proud of me.

11 comments:

  1. Sorry to know you are having problems with your eyes Charlie. Hope that clears up fast. The cats just have to get used to you :) Good boy for staying on your own, virtual head scratches heading your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats are very skittish, Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...the weather will get better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're getting drops in your eyes and you feel better now. Thanks for telling us about the other critters you see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, poor Charlie. So sorry your eyes have been bothering you.
    About cats - well, many cats just don't get on with woofies, but those who do, get on really well. WE have a woofie uncle, you know, called Messi. You would like him, We are sure.
    And yes, you were furry brave to wait while your Mom went out in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cat art is lovely. Hope your eyes feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job Charlie hanging out by yourself. It's not bad when you get used to it. Hope your eyes get better and good luck with the cats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep working on that cat, Charlie, and I'm sure you'll become good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh...I hope you feel much better with your eyes! You are so good and patient not to scratch the door. And I know you will have fun this week running and jumping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,
    Charlie, I hope your eyes are feeling better! Cute photos of Charlie and the cats. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, I am sorry I am late commenting!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.