February 4, 2023

Update from Charlie, Early February

Hi, it's Charlie. Mom says there are people who want to know how I’m doing. Pretty well, actually.

The vet says I am the right size and should not gain more weight. She prescribed some more medicine to help me stay calm. I don’t like taking medicine. I can taste it through whatever Mom wraps it in, so I examine the treats and separate them. 


Sometimes we go outside and put birdseed in the feeders. I’ve tasted it and it’s not too bad. The birds like it. Sometimes the squirrels eat it.



Mom got a cute thing to put on the wall.


My favorite thing is going to the dog park. Sometimes we go to doggy daycare instead. It is okay but the park is more fun. I like to run really fast. 


The car still makes me nervous. It is noisy. I trained Mom to give me treats in the car. After we play at the park, I take a nap.

It is very cold here. I hope you and your pets are staying warm.



 

14 comments:

  1. Such a cute day with these cuties around

    ReplyDelete
  2. On balance, life seems pretty good, Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are glad you are doing so much better, Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Linda and Charlie,
    Charlie has the good life, play eat and nap. The repeat. I love the shot of Charlie running and those cute ears flying out. Stay warm! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, Happy Sunday. Have a great new week! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, Life is Good, right, Charlie?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The medicine is good for you, Charlie. I think a lot of running and a nap helps you in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And you should listen to other dogs who just love to ride in the car! Some of those you play with at the doggie care center or the park! Of course you haven't had a chance to ride with the wind in your ears yet. That's only for special roads. Not the fastest ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love that so many doggies are way smarter than us humans. finding the meds in the food. makes me smile. have a great week/day. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Linda and Charlie :=) Charlie, I like the picture of you running with your legs off the ground and your ears flying about. You look like you are flying and really enjoying yourself. You know Mommy knows what is best for you, so take your medicine.

    Great post Linda, neat shots of the squirrel and birds, and I like what you with your last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Charlie is looking good. Love the running at full speed photo, it's so Charlie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww come on Charlie!! Take your meds and be s good boy. If the car is the only transport to the park...learn to love the drive so you can run & have fun!!

    Loved seeing all your photos..
    Thanks for joining us this week at IRBB

    ReplyDelete
  12. Charlie's living his best life now! Love the pictures and I'd hang that last one on the wall for everybody to admire!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.