February 23, 2023

Recent Skies, Early Flowers

An early morning sky shows some rain clouds.


We've had some rain this week, and still no snow. Today the temperature was downright balmy.

I've noticed some flowers blooming, which is unusual for February here. These pansies were probably planted recently. I actually have some daffodils blooming in my yard.

On Tuesday evening, I rolled out the trashcan and was pleased to see a crescent moon with Jupiter and Venus above it. I took the picture with my cell phone and it overexposed a bit, losing the moon‘s crescent appearance in the process.


Yesterday I picked up Charlie from doggy daycare and saw that the sky was turning pink. So instead of coming straight home, I pulled onto a side road where I knew I could get a shot of the sunset.



17 comments:

  1. ...red skies at night, sailor's delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful sky view and I would also have found a place to park and admire and also take a photo😀No spring blooms here yet, but we did get a few inches of snow on Wed overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sky photos, the moon and planets is great taken with your phone. Love the flowers. Take care, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for these beautiful images. Love finding pansies that have made it cheerfully through the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! Gorgeous sunset photos!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sunset, and the weather has been so unusual for us in New York, too. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful skies and flowers.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm impressed with your cell phone moon shot! And what a gorgeous sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you pulled over and took some shots of that glorious sunset. Wowza!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning blooms, I loved your Daffodils. The crescent moon capture is mind blowing. Thanks for sharing with
    Garden affair.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.