February 10, 2023

Carrier Arboretum in February

On Tuesday, I found myself in Harrisonburg with a half hour to kill before an appointment. I made a quick visit to the Arboretum.


The tree in the foreground still has leaves clinging to it.

The little terrarium is in the visitors center. I was looking for circular shapes for a theme assignment for a local photo group, which is why I photographed the drinking fountain. Although I stood to the side, I did not succeed in getting my reflection out of the picture.

Meanwhile, grape hyacinths are blooming in my front yard. They are tiny plants also called muscari. I’m afraid I took this photo with my cell phone while holding the dog’s leash in the other hand. It’s not a great picture but I was anxious to share a sign of spring.



10 comments:

  1. Hello,
    It is nice to see the pretty blooms! Nice outing.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...thanks for the preview of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of like the colors of your reflection. So great to see the Muscari, never knew their proper name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that terrarium - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice shots! I really like the drinking fountain reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1st post: love the mtn view. awesome!! 2nd post: i have not been to this arboretum in years. last time we did try the parking was not available, like it once was, back in the olden days when i was later high school and college days. ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice photographs you've shared.
    Your grape hyacinths are such a lovely colour, nice to see them blooming.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post, I love Muscari , mine is on the way to bloom within few weeks. Thanks for joining in Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.