January 29, 2023

The View from Eagles Edge Trail

Seven Bends State Park


After a rainy morning, the weather was mild this afternoon so I took Charlie to the state park for a walk. Although I have a cold, I was feeling well enough to walk a little farther than I have in a while. The pain in my left hip has subsided, except for early in the morning. My right ankle feels stronger than it has in over a year.

Charlie has plenty of energy and needs exercise. We followed the trail past the river access point. We did not see any eagles, although I met two people who have seen them in this part of the park.

The suspension bridge provides a pedestrian exit in case the low bridge into the park gets flooded. Sometimes the Shenandoah River rises and both roads into the park are closed.

Eagles Edge Trail is on the Lupton Road side of the park. This part of the park used to be a summer camp for Massanutten Military Academy.


Mosaic / Sunday Best / Backroads 





12 comments:

  1. Charile is most adorable, and that's a great place for a walk. Glad to know your ankle is better.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that one of the benefit of owning a dog is that it gets the owners out, and I think you are proving the point, Linda. Fresh air and exercise can only be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Wonderful photos of the park, I like that bridge and the river scenes. Charlie is adorable, as always. Take care, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's such a cute dog and I know he's a good companion. I wish I had a fenced in yard so I could get a dog. I miss having one. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...it looks like fall to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear you're feeling better. Charlie is such a dear, looking up to you with your camera. Bet the water is pretty cold!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear you ankle is feeling better. Looks like a nice hike.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful view on your walk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charlie looks like he's enjoying different things to sniff and see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful! Kind of adventurous though for when you weren't feeling at your top physical condition. Consider the source of that comment though -- I'm such a wimp (and also older than anyone else in the world) so when I badly twisted my knee in December I didn't even go for a sidewalk stroll around our very safe resort for a month. (I'm still trying to get back in shape.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Charlie... what a fantastic Mosaic again. Thank you for sharing on
    MosaicMonday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful place and a lovely pooch. Thank you for joining us on the "My Sunday Best" meme.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.