January 27, 2023

Blog Post #8200

Blogging Since 2005 
(and I Still Struggle with the Software!)

You'd think I'd know what I was doing by now, but I just hit Paste when I meant to Select.

Today I prepared a different post and then I remembered that this was a blog anniversary. 8200 is an impressive number so I thought I should say a little something about myself. I am retired, and I live with my dog Charlie.

The picture shows my reflection in a shop in Middletown that is part of the Cedar Creek Battlefield Foundation Museum. They have a line of costumes for living history interpreters.


Recently, I saw a meme that said, “Study history. Realize that people have been this stupid for thousands of years.“

This blog reflects many of my interests. In addition to history and photography, I am passionate about nature, fascinated with mankind’s relationship to the environment, energized by people (especially my family), inspired by art, intrigued by medical science. I desire to help people and make a contribution.

Now for a glimpse of things in my home. 




P.S. Other bloggers and photographers inspire me. Thank you for being here.

6 comments:

  1. The stained glass draws my eye.

    Hello to Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty inside, Linda, very pretty. Charlie fits right in!!
    I've not studied a lot of History, but my two books checked out now are "The Seventy Wonders of the Ancient World"(I'll go through soon to count off the number we've seen--four of the Seven Wonders or their site) and "Ancient History from the First Civilizations to the Renaissance." They are large size, in paper and pages. I probably will read up on Egypt first to prepare for a lecture early in February. Our libraries are doing a series but only two, Egypt and Rome are in our branch. The others incur quite long travels from Katy to Sugarland and Richmond Texas. I might go. Indus Valley, Greece, and Early Christianity.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on post # 8200! I really enjoy your photography, Linda. I think you have a very good eye, and I'm not easily impressed. You're a natural. Thanks for sharing your world with us through your lens. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Fascinated with mankind's relationship to the environment" - dismayed by mankind's relationship to the environment would describe how I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many congratulations on post number 8200

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.