September 14, 2022

Return to Burke Lake

An allergy follow-up appointment that I had put off in order to go to Pittsburgh was scheduled for last Friday. I didn't want to leave Charlie by himself so early in his adoption, and Frank was kind enough to come along and sit with him while I went into the doctor's office. I had a stressful drive there due to heavy traffic, and after the appointment we went to Burke Lake to de-stress.


Charlie enjoyed sitting on a bench and looking at people walking by and geese down by the water.

 
There were ducks too. I saw a great blue heron across the cove but my cell phone did not get him in focus. I had not brought my real camera because I was mainly planning to see the doctor and go food shopping.





11 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Beautiful views of the lake, Charlie is adorable.
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great spot to de-stress - for you and Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello to Charlie!
    Love the last photo, so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlie is adorable. I've been doing research on getting a puppy. I SO want to but I've hesitated since I don't have a fenced yard for a dog to play in. I sure love Charlie though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay me, I found the heron...kind of like a puzzle photo! Charlie does look so sweet, and I hope he's settling into living with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it looks a nice place to de-stress.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Before views of the lake. Glad Charlie enjoyed it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We all need to de-stress sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.