September 16, 2022

Our Sister Park, Shenandoah River

Our state park in Woodstock shares administrators with Shenandoah River State Park in Bentonville. The two parks are on different branches of the Shenandoah River; Seven Bends is on the North Fork and SRSP is on the South Fork.



This post shows pictures of Shenandoah River State Park. There are signs that summer is ending.

Whenever I go there, I always turn into Cullers Overlook to see the view. I also drive down to the river to see it up close. Sometimes I stop at the visitor center. On my most recent visit, I took a short trail from the campground to the river.







12 comments:

  1. It's great to see children dabbling in the water. I hope they are learning a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always regretted not visiting your area. At least I have your photos to show me what I have missed. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos of the last of summer by the river.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like there are still some pretty blooms to be found. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty scenery in your state parks, and sooo close to you also. My favorite is the little pink flower growing out from under the rock. Nice catch there. The kids are enjoying water they can play in, nice hiking and all, good reflection too. We had a National Forest across and up a mile or so when we lived north of Houston. Real handy but we didn't go there much, most used it as a path to the lake.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. once again, a beautiful suite of pictures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post ! This place looks so serene and beautiful. Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, how are you doing? Saw you on last week's weekend reflection - I see Fall has arrived - not here yet:) love your capture of the little boys. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.